When selling your home, it is ALWAYS a good idea to be as prepared as possible for your open house! The funny picture here says a lot, but the reality is, preparation never can start TOO early!
Here are some great ideas from the HGTV blog on how to prepare for an Open House.
- Eliminate half of your belongings as clutter can cost a sale. Rent a storage unit or portable pod for extraneous pieces of furniture or knickknacks. Another idea is to ask a friend if you can borrow some space in his or her garage.
- Use “home wash” (hose attachment available at home improvement stores) to clean the outside of the house.
- Clean rain gutters as well as outside windows and screens.
- Make sure the front door is inviting. Paint the door if needed. Also, replace any outdated outdoor lighting fixtures.
- Buy new house numbers if the old ones are dated or faded. Be sure buyers can see the new ones from the curb.
- Buy a new welcome mat.
- Organize all closets and drawers. Buyers might look there.
- Make any necessary repairs so that buyers don’t have to add that to their list of expenses.
For a more detailed list, along with some other goodies that you’ll want to prepare for your Open House click here.